The Reading & Writing Lab:
In our new program, The Reading & Writing Lab, students work with our Literacy Teacher, Stacia Rosenau, to perfect their reading, writing, and spelling using the best research-based instruction, the Orton-Gillingham approach.
Kids work with Ms. Rosenau in a relaxed and supportive environment to sharpen on their literacy skills, and build on their successes. Research shows that learning to read at a young age helps develop strong communication skills for later in life.
The Reading & Writing Lab provides:
- Individually-designed instruction.
- Small group learning.
- One-on-one evaluation to determine learning goals.
- Orton-Gillingham approach.
- Close collaboration with classroom teacher.
- Explicit, systematic, and multi-sensory instruction.
- Building on strengths.
- Setting up for future success.
- Reading skills/Dyslexia screening given to all students in Kinder-1st grade.
- Dyslexia screening available for 2nd-5th graders.
“I bought Porter The Hobbit and he is reading it without much difficulty! I am impressed and amazed at his progress since the tutoring.”
“Thank you for pouring your time and heart into teaching not only Sam, but so many children over the years.”
The International Dyslexia Association (IDA) Oregon – https://or.dyslexiaida.org/
Understood – https://www.understood.org/en
Decoding Dyslexia Oregon – http://www.decodingdyslexiaor.org/