Part-time Art Teacher: Job Description
The art teacher will work with our music and science teacher in our new STEAM Lab. They will support students in developing, understanding, appreciation, and skills in all areas of art, including visual, sculpture, movement, photography, and ceramics. The art teacher may also coordinate a one day per week after school art club. This 8-10 hour per week role reports to the Principal of the school.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in elementary education or relevant discipline.
- Experience teaching in a school setting.
- Love children.
- Love teaching kids art
- At least three professional references.
- Must be able to obtain or currently possess a Criminal Registry Number and pass a background check.
- Masters degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant discipline.
- Experience integrating art into course curriculum, such as history, writing and other studies.
- Experience working with children who are deaf or have other disabilities.
- Comfort working with our 4 goats, 12 chickens, greenhouse and 8 raised garden beds.
- A sense of humor.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 35 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Mobility sufficient to move about the campus.
- Ability to provide instruction to students and supervise activities.
To apply for this position, please email a complete cover letter and resume as Word Doc or PDF attachments to by July 24, 2019 at 5 PM to email@example.com with the subject line reading “Art Teacher.”
Tucker Maxon School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, national or ethnic origin, or other legally protected status. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.