Fundraising Events Manager: Job Description
Start the new year with an exciting new job! Tucker Maxon School’s (TMS) Fundraising Events Manager will focus on all aspects of event management including logistics, sponsorships, marketing, and audience development helping to raise over $200,000 in contributed revenue for our nonprofit school. TMS seeks candidates willing to make a commitment to the role and interested in growing it from half to full time with the addition of a major new September event. We will accept applications from candidates for half to full time or in between. The role reports to the Executive Director.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Help meet annual fundraising goals of nearly $1 million with one-quarter coming from our auction, annual
Maui raffle and a few student sales, eg, holiday wreaths and TMS branded coffee.
- Strategically plan and implement 1-2 annual fundraising events with a team of staff and volunteers, including
our current annual spring auction scheduled for May 31, 2019, and a major City wide event scheduled to
debut in Sept. 2020.
- Research, cultivate, solicit and steward sponsors and partners.
- Procure new and exciting auction items and sponsors to grow existing $160,000 event.
- Assist with relationship development with local businesses, funders and sponsors.
- Actively solicit corporate and business sponsorships with Executive Director.
- Coordinate venue, catering, AV, auction software, and donation payment.
- Work in partnership with a 6-person Development team.
- Collaborate with Community Gifts Officer on individual donor cultivation and events, in particular special
appeal/paddle raise at the annual auction.
- Collaborate with Marketing Assistant to develop event collateral.
- Utilizes events to build relationships with school alumni.
- Recruit and manage parent and other volunteers for events.
- Actively support the mission of the school.
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree or certifications desired.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with a proven track record of success.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ease in working with 5 figure sponsors. Not afraid to ask.
- High degree of comfort making presentations.
- Mastery of various computer applications including, but not limited to: Google docs, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and DonorPerfect.
- Ability to help sustain a collaborative, respectful, fun work relationship with the staff, board, public and school families.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and initiative.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Engaging, outgoing personality and strong interpersonal skills; a genuine people person.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with donor, family, staff and school information.
- Knowledge of social networking tools such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Ability to drive to various events and meetings.
- Can attend occasional after hour’s events.
- Experience working in a non-profit setting with a volunteer Board of Directors.
- A good sense of humor. This is a fun place to work!
Starting salary is $20,000-$50,000 depending on level of experience. Excellent benefits include paid vacation annually, generous health insurance, and employer contributions to retirement fund.
To apply for this position, please submit a full cover letter as a sample of your writing and a resume, as Word or PDF docs, to email@example.com with the subject line Events Manager.
Application deadline: Thursday, January 31, 2019 by 5 pm. Projected start date is February 18th.
Tucker Maxon School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, national or ethnic origin, or other legally protected status. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.