Part-Time Science Teacher: Job Description
We are seeking a skilled and professional individual to be part of our teaching team. The science teacher will plan, coordinate, and teach our Kindergarten through 5th grade students a Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) based science and technology curriculum. They will support students in developing understanding and skills in all areas of science, including the use of technology tools for inquiry, creativity, problem solving, communication, and programming. The science teacher will also coordinate and implement our one day after school science club as well. This 10-hour per week role reports to the Principal of the school.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in elementary education or relevant discipline.
- Love teaching kids science and technology
- At least three professional references
- Must be able to obtain or currently possess a Criminal Registry Number and pass a background check
- Masters degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant discipline.
- Experience teaching in an independent school setting.
- Focus on environmental education.
- Experience integrating technology into course curriculum, such as a full robotics kit, 3D printer with software, extensive electronics equipment and alternative energy curriculum.
- Comfort working with our 4 goats, 12 chickens, greenhouse and 8 raised beds.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 35 pounds on an occasional basis
- Mobility sufficient to move about the campus.
- Ability to provide instruction to students and supervise activities.
$25-28/hour depending on experience.
To Apply: Please email a complete cover letter and resume as Word or PDF attachments to email@example.com by May 17, 2019 at 5 PM.
Tucker Maxon School is an equal opportunity employer. Tucker Maxon School does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, national or ethnic origin, or other legally protected status. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.