Preschool Teacher: Job Description
Tucker Maxon School is looking for a full-time preschool teacher. This is your opportunity to become part of an amazing team. This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the school Principal. This independent, nonprofit school currently has 100 students and 30 dedicated staff.
Description of Duties:
- Teach a preschool class of less than 15 students with a fulltime Educational Asst.
- Work collaboratively as part of a 7-person preschool team.
- Create positive, well-organized and orderly learning environment where children feel welcome and comfortable.
- Prepare developmentally appropriate lesson plans within a play-based preschool.
- Demonstrate unconditional respect for children and their well-being without regard to race, religion, socioeconomic, gender and physical limitations.
- Integrate needs related to deafness into a well-balanced classroom.
- Focus on both hearing and deaf children, and address the “whole child”.
- Accommodate differing language levels, auditory skill levels, behavioral needs and/or learning styles within the classroom.
- Promotes interaction and learning among peers.
- Provide an appropriate example for students with personal conduct.
- Foster positive relationships with students, parents, fellow teachers, non-teaching personnel, and administration through excellent communication.
- Actively support the nonprofit mission of the school.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal and/or Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Early Childhood Education and Master’s degree preferred.
- Certification by the Oregon State Department of Education (Dual Certification for Early Childhood and Elementary Education preferred).
- Oregon Teachers License
- Minimum 2 years of equivalent experience.
- Proven track record of teaching success.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Someone who looks for solutions not problems.
- An interest or background in social and emotional learning (SEL).
- You must have a Criminal Registry Number, or apply for and be granted a Criminal Registry Number.
- Ability to listen, talk and lift up to 20-30 pounds.
- Sense of humor.
Salary depending on level of education and experience. Excellent benefits including health, dental, short and long term disability and life insurance.
Teachers are required to be present on campus for 8 hours per day 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. all school and work days with some flexibility.
Please send your cover letter and resume with your last name in the title of attachments with subject line “Preschool Teacher” to firstname.lastname@example.org.