The Physical Education (PE) program at Tucker Maxon School is built around five main rules: safety, respect, hard work, fun, and doing your best.
The early development of physical fitness is necessary for a child’s proper development of social, emotional, and cognitive skills, as well as physical well-being. Helping children to develop a life-long habit of physical activity and fitness is at the core of the Tucker Maxon PE classes. We want to help children:
- Live longer and healthier lives by staying physically active.
- Learn to work more efficiently and as part of a team.
- Develop hand-eye coordination and concentration.
Diverse activities create the best opportunity for success within each child, and thus create a better chance more of them will be active throughout their lives. Learning, in the physical sense, is best done through active participation and repetition. Trying new activities that test one’s own strengths and weaknesses helps create self-confidence and realization of abilities. Our teachers provide general guidelines, instruction, and encouragement to help children test their abilities safely, while having fun and engaging with their peers. Join us for an upcoming open house or schedule a tour to visit our gym facilities in person.
Physical Education Program Goals
- Develop communication and socialization skills
- Emphasize the importance of safety
- Work hard and do your best
- Instill a sense of pride for one’s self and one’s community
- Develop the ability to empathize with others
- Grow self-esteem and self-confidence
- Attain a positive body-image and self-image.
- Instill good sportsmanship skills
- Learn how to be a good teammate
- Develop a lifelong love of physical activity