Parents who choose Tucker Maxon’s preschool program for their children are preparing their children for kindergarten and laying a strong foundation for lifelong learning and citizenship.
Tucker Maxon’s preschool follows the widely used Creative Curriculum, an age-appropriate, child-directed educational program in which children learn through play and stimulating hands-on activities. Classrooms, daily schedules, activities, materials and discipline strategies all reflect an in-depth knowledge of child development. The Tucker Maxon Preschool offers:
- Highly trained preschool teachers with master’s degrees in child-related fields.
- Entire preschool staff certified in CPR and First Aid; as well as child abuse awareness training.
- All staff members have passed a thorough criminal background check.
- Physical education led by a certified Master’s level P.E. teacher in a full-sized gymnasium, complete with a climbing wall.
- Music classes: Including choir and instrument exploration.
- Large on-campus playground
- Art Classes: Exploration of different colors and textures while fostering self-expression.
- Access to our nature area: including garden exploration, gathering eggs from our hen house, and caring for our goats.
- Regular reports on your child’s progress with the use of developmental checklist.
- Access to Extended care before and after school (additional cost).