Part-Time Aftercare Assistant: Job Description
Tucker Maxon School is taking applications for part-time Aftercare Assistants for Preschool and Elementary children for the 2019-20 school year. We are seeking applicants who love to work and play with children of all ages. Whether it is a basketball game on the playground or arts and crafts in a classroom, applicants need to be willing to jump right in and engage the kids in fun, safe activities.
- Enrolled status in Oregon Central Background Registry which includes a background check with fingerprinting.
- Must be completed upon offer of employment: Abide by State of Oregon regulations for Childcare Certification including holding of current Food Handler’s card and Infant and Child First Aid/CPR card and “Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse” certification.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other faculty and staff.
- Good communication skills, including email.
- Reliable, punctual, well-organized and efficient.
- One year teaching with Preschool or Elementary in a Before/After Care setting or equivalent Early Childhood education.
This is a part-time, non-exempt position. Pay rate is based on experience.
The work hours vary Monday through Friday between 2:30-5:30 pm dependent on aftercare attendance, plus time for meetings, as well as attendance at school in-service as requested. The position follows the school year, starting in September and ending when school is out in June.
Please send resume, letter of interest, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.