Tucker-Maxon School is pleased to announce that we are being featured in the Willamette Week Give!Guide 2013.
Founded in 1947, the Tucker-Maxon School is Oregon’s only school that specializes in auditory learning and spoken language. At Tucker-Maxon, students with hearing loss do not use sign language; instead, with the help of assistive technologies, they listen, talk and learn like their typical hearing peers. This collaborative relationship is beneficial for all. The hearing students learn to value differences while serving as language models for students that are hearing impaired. The school’s mission is to have deaf and hearing students talking, learning, and achieving excellence together.
Please consider a donation to Tucker-Maxon School through the Willamette Week Give!Guide 2013 and help us fund the amazing work we do teaching deaf and hard of hearing children to listen and speak! 100% of your donation directly benefits the students at Tucker-Maxon School.
In addition to the generous Give!Guide Incentives we also have incentives specifically for you, our Tucker-Maxon Friends:
- The first 150 individuals who donate $100 or more will be given a $20 gift certificate to be used at The Mac Store.
- The first 100 individuals who donate $25 or more will receive a $5 iTunes card from our friends at Adspot.
- From December 1-15th, the first 250 donors who give $25 or more will receive 1 free admission and 2 complimentary drink tickets to our exclusive Friends of Tucker Concert (21 and over) held at the Mississippi Studios in North Portland on December 17th featuring Portland artists Sarah Billings, DHEART and American Idol finalist Haley Johnsen.
And, if that weren’t enough, the Give!Guide also has the following Big Give Days where any donor who makes a minimum $10 on the following days will have a chance to win.
- Nov. 14: A party for you and 40 of your closest friends at McMenamins Back Stage Bar.
- Nov. 21: A Salt & Straw ice-cream party.
- Dec. 3: A Trek Allant 7 from Bike Gallery.
- Dec. 12: A case of spirits from Rogue Distillery. This prize is sponsored by Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette.
Thank you for supporting our mission!