Tucker-Maxon School is pleased to announce that we are being featured in the Willamette Week Give!Guide 2014.
Founded in 1947, the Tucker-Maxon School is Oregon’s only school that specializes in auditory learning and spoken language. At Tucker-Maxon, students with hearing loss do not use sign language; instead, with the help of assistive technologies, they listen, talk and learn like their typical hearing peers. This collaborative relationship is beneficial for all. The hearing students learn to value differences while serving as language models for students that are hearing impaired. The school’s mission is to have deaf and hearing students talking, learning, and achieving excellence together.
Please consider a donation to Tucker-Maxon School through the Willamette Week Give!Guide 2014 and help us fund the amazing work we do teaching deaf and hard of hearing children to listen and speak! 100% of your donation directly benefits the students at Tucker-Maxon School.
And, if that weren’t enough, the Give!Guide also has the following Big Give Days where any donor who makes a minimum $10 on the following days will have a chance to win.
- Nov. 13: Portland Trail Blazers ticket package.
- Nov. 20: Powell’s Books $500 shopping spree.
- Nov. 25: Portland Thorns and Timbers ticket package.
- Dec. 2: Bike Gallery bike giveaway.
- Dec. 11: Salt & Straw ice cream party.
- Dec. 18: A case of spirits from Rogue Distillery. This prize is sponsored by the Rogue Foundation.
Thank you for supporting our mission!