Tucker Maxon School is seeking a part-time elementary school science/math teacher for the 2022/2023 school year. We are looking for a skilled and professional individual to be part of our teaching team. This teacher will plan, coordinate, and teach our Kindergarten through 5th grade students a Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) based science and technology curriculum. They will support students in developing understanding and skills in all areas of science, including the use of technology tools for inquiry, creativity, problem solving, communication, and programming. The science teacher will coordinate and implement our one day per week after school science club. This teacher will also plan, coordinate, and teach one of our upper elementary math groups. This 13-hour per week role reports to the Principal of the school.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in elementary education or relevant science or math discipline
• Love teaching kids science and technology
• Must be able to obtain or currently possess a Criminal Registry Number and pass a background check
• Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant discipline
• Experience teaching in an private school setting
• Focus on natural sciences and environmental education
• Experience integrating technology into course curriculum, such as a full robotics kit, 3D printer
software, extensive electronics equipment and renewable energy curriculum.
• Comfortable working with our 4 goats, chickens, observational beehive, greenhouse and 8 raised garden beds.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 35 pounds on an occasional basis
• Mobility sufficient to move about the campus and up one flight of stairs
• Ability to provide instruction to students and supervise activities
Compensation: Hourly Rate DOE, approx. $25/hour.
To apply: Please email a complete cover letter, resume, and at least four to five professional references as Word or PDF attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1st at 5 PM.