Tucker Maxon School is looking for a fulltime preschool teacher to start August 30, 2021. This is your opportunity to become part of an amazing team. Our mission is to teach deaf and hearing children to listen, talk, learn, and achieve excellence together. Our goal is to help every child reach their potential in school and life. Our highest values are conversation, confidence, creativity, and community. This is a fulltime, exempt position reporting to the school Principal. Located at 2860 SE Holgate Blvd, Tucker Maxon is one of only 4 schools in the nation to meet the requirements of OPTION Schools. This independent, nonprofit preschool through 5th grade school currently has 107 enrolled students and 30 dedicated staff. See www.tuckermaxon.org for more information.
Tucker Maxon: Where Every Child has a Voice.
- Teach a preschool class of less than 14 students with a fulltime Educational Asst.
- Work collaboratively as part of a preschool team.
- Create positive, well-organized and orderly learning environment where children feel welcome and comfortable.
- Prepare developmentally appropriate lesson plans within a play-based preschool.
- Demonstrate unconditional respect for children and their well-being without regard to race, religion, socioeconomic, gender and physical limitations.
- Integrate needs related to deafness into a well-balanced classroom.
- Focus on both hearing and deaf children, and address the “whole child”.
- Accommodate differing language levels, auditory skill levels, behavioral needs and/or learning styles within the classroom.
- Promotes interaction and learning among peers.
- Provide an appropriate example for students with personal conduct.
- Foster positive relationships with students, parents, fellow teachers, non-teaching personnel, and administration through excellent communication.
- Actively support the nonprofit mission of the school.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal and/or Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Early Childhood Education and Master’s degree preferred.
- Certification by the Oregon State Department of Education (Dual Certification for Early Childhood and Elementary Education preferred)
- Oregon Teachers License
- Minimum 2 years of equivalent experience.
- Proven track record of teaching success.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Someone who looks for solutions not problems.
- An interest or background in social and emotional learning (SEL).
- You must have a Criminal Registry Number, or apply for and be granted a Criminal Registry Number.
- Ability to listen, talk and lift up to 20-30 pounds.
- Sense of humor.
Please send a cover letter and resume as Word or PDF files with your last name in the title of attachments with subject line “Preschool Teacher” by 5 pm Friday, August 20th to email@example.com.